Monday, October 1, 2007

Wroslaw, Poland

Poland is such a beautiful country and I had a great time in Wroslaw. It was recommended to me by one of my dear friends who studied abroad for a semester there to visit the rapidly growing and diverse city. I was very excited to meet his Polish fiance as he fell in love while studying abroad. She was so amazing and I learned a lot about her as well as Polish culture and history in a day as she took me around the city. We also relaxed in local pubs and restaurants which happened to be my friend's favorite places to go while he was there.

Unfortunately, I only had 2 full days so I was not able to visit all the sites I would have liked but I spent a good amount of time walking around, exploring the city and visiting the beautiful gardens near the university. It was very relaxing with a huge pond with fountains and water falls going throughout the middle with trees, plants and flowers everywhere. It is so beautiful this time of year as autumn is here and the trees are beginning to change to fiery red, orange and yellow colors. Part of me wishes I stayed another day so I could explore other gardens and parks and hang out with my friends fiance some more but with only a little over a week left of traveling I left to my next destination.

No comments: