Sunday, August 12, 2007

Berlin, Germany

I am having such a great time in Europe. My baggage arrived yesterday and I finally was able to leave Frankfort and took a train to Berlin. I am having such a blast meeting diverse people from all over the world and was able do some sight seeing as well. So far I have seen remnants of the Berlin Wall in East Berlin while learning about the history of the wall from a documentary center. I also walked through "Checkpoint Charlie" and saw the display of historical events leading to the missile crisis and cold war. Germany definitely has an intense history!

I think I want to stay in Berlin for one more day because there is a few more things I would like to see. I will most likely take a tour tomorrow and see more of Berlin before heading to Dassau where my great grandfather was born. I hope to be able to connect deeper with my roots and find more information about my family.

1 comment:

AvendaƱo said...

hey Candice,
im glad you got your bag. Hopefully thats the only bump in your trip. Well, i'll be sure to read your blog as you travel...

Omar
ps
Poland was my fav
eastern european
country.