Thursday, August 23, 2007

San Sebastian, Spain

This stop has been so relaxing and wet as the last three days have been full of pouring rain at the beautiful beach city of San Sebastian, Spain. Due to the stormy weather, these days have been full of laziness at the hostel as my hostel mates and I have been laying around, relaxing and watching movies all day. There was one day where the weather permitted site seeing so we spent the day hiking up to the "Jesus Statue" and relaxing on the beach.

I absolutely loved being at the beach and spent most the day there and hours in the night as well. The beach here reminds me of back home in Arcata but it was a little warmer of course. The ocean breeze and the sound of the waves crashing was meditative and balancing. I definitely needed the relaxation and solitude after being on the go in the main cities of Europe for the previous 2 weeks.

The hostel I am staying at is amazing and very fun. It was fairly small with only about 20 beds and had a community kitchen so I was able to go shopping and cook my own meals which was very nice. The owner of the hostel is Irish which resulted in a very fun and laid back environment. We all had great times.

Now I am leaving this beautiful place to the sunny city of Madrid but I defiantly will return to this city in the future when the weather lives up to its reputation.

No comments: