Sunday, August 19, 2007

Paris, France

I was not planning to go to Paris on this trip but I was talked into it and now I am really glad I spent 2 days there. France is such a beautiful city! I did not have time to go into any museums or attractions but I took a tour and saw very beautiful monuments, bridges, parks, architecture and so on. After the tour, I hung out with my tour guide and a few others from the tour for some really good ice cream. Later on, our tour met up again for a “Pub Crawl” with the same tour guide. A pub crawl is a tour of the main local bars and clubs popular in the area. I thought it would be fun to experience the night life in Paris with a large group of travelers. It was amusing watching everyone get really wasted. We even played a drinking game. I took it really easy though and talked with some other travelers I met from my hostile.

One of the other travelers I met had some of the same interests as me as far as holistic and organic life styles so we discussed the corruption of our health care system and lifestyles as well as the roles politics and society play. It was very interesting!

Since I was not able to find a hostile to stay another night. My tour guide offered myself and another traveler from Australia to stay at his place. It was really nice because we were able to get to know about the Paris life and culture more as well as having some great homemade food. I have not been so full the entire time I have been traveling. Every thing was delicious!

I chose to sleep and relax the following day as it was pouring in Paris and will be catching the night train to San Sebastian, Spain.

No comments: