Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Sevilla, Spain

Unfortunately, I found this city to be the worst experience of my Euro trip so far. I know losing my camera, traveling books, translation guides, and personal journals contributed mostly to the bad experience (even though I tried to have a good time). I felt so lost without my traveling books, especially because I do not speak Spanish very well and was relying on my translation guides to communicate.

It was also so dreadfully hot that it was so hard to enjoy the site seeing. According to the temperature stated along the street thermometers is was anywhere between 36-40 degrees Celsius which is over 100 degree Fahrenheit. That is way too hot for me even when growing up in the desert of Southern California. My Humboldt skin is just not used to that kind of heat anymore.

I went to a few parks and gardens, sitting under the shade but it was too hot for me to really enjoy the relaxation. All I wanted to do was be in an air conditioned place so I spent most my time shopping for a new camera and trying to find traveling books in English (with no luck). As a result, I stayed in the hostel borrowing traveling books from other travelers, writing as much information down and hope to have better luck in the future cities I go to.

It was pretty expensive to replace my camera especially with the exchange rate but it was worth it to replace the exact model I lost and have high quality photos to remember my trip with. I defiantly learned my lesson the hard way.

Well, I am off to Granada and hope to enjoy this southern (and hot) city of Spain before heading off to Italy.

No comments: